Sunday, August 10, 2008

Grand Cayman Adventure






At the last minute we decided to spontaneously take a trip to the Cayman Islands. We didn't even decide that we were going to go there until we got to the airport...it was a coin toss between the Redwoods and Napa Valley or the Cayman Islands. Rob's brother had some buddy passes that were going to expire so were fortunate to be able to take the trip to the Cayman's. We had a great time. My cousin David and his wife Shalynna are living there right now so we got to spend some time with them and they showed us around the island and spoiled us with a deliciosu meal (I'm still craving those cinammon rolls). I understand why they extended their stay there because the beaches and water are gorgeous. My brother Riley met up with us too and he watched Sean while we were scuba-diving. We all went swimming with Sting-Rays...even Sean. I know what you are all thinking...Steve Irwin....but these sting-rays are tame so please don't report me to childcare services. Sean did have a close encounter with one sting-ray who splashed him but other then that we were safe and have a fun vacation.

9 comments:

Brandi Raye Turner said...

Hi Elisa! I'm not sure if I've commented before, but I found your blog through a mutual friend. You guys look fantastic and congratulations on your adorable son! Brandi Wertz

David and Shalynna said...

Who are those two beautiful people in the last photo? Haha- we love the update. Hopefully it will make everyone want to come visit us- start recruiting people. :) Do you find that blogger has a wierd color? None of the pictures ever upload with the right coloring.

Marianne & Clayton said...

Could Sean be any happier in those pictures? You guys are the most adorable, globe-trotting family! We need to play sometime soon. In the meantime squeeze Sean for me.

Rhomie N Michele said...

Hey Elisa I found your blog! Ours is Rhomienmichele.blogspot.com! Looks like you guys had tons of fun in the Caribbean!

Rob & Karli said...

How fun! You and your travels! I'm jealous! We went to San Diego last weekend, but not nearly as exciting as the Cayman Islands! Sean's getting so big. Birthday soon, right?

xcdenke said...

Elisa!!! It's Carrie Sanders Denke. Roommates back at the Y, remember? How are you? You look as cute as always. Let's get back in touch.

xcdenke said...

Cooney! Seriously, you need to give me a call or shoot me an email. We need to catch up! Miss you and our runs (well, the 2 runs I did go on with you) :) -Carrie Sanders Denke
www.denkefamily.com

Rob & Karli said...

I keep waiting for a new post...but it never comes!
-K

Nichole said...

Hello I didn't know you had a blog girly. Can we say extremely jealous! That looks like so much fun. Sean is such a cutie.